Including a verse from the Bible in a card is a great way to encourage someone and to make your card a little more personal.
It can be hard sometimes to think of just the right verse for the occasion, so I’ve put together a list of passages that could be appropriate for all the different cards you might be sending.
Of course this isn’t a definitive list, but it is a starting point, and it might inspire you to compile a list of your own favourite verses to add to your cards.
If you’d like a printable copy of this list to use at home, click HERE to download yours for free.
Bible verses for birthday cards
- This is the day that the LORD has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it. Psalm 118:24 (ESV)
- The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make his face to shine upon you and be gracious to you. Numbers 6:24-25 (NIV)
- 'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.' Jeremiah 29:11 (NIV)
Bible verses for thank you cards
- I have not stopped giving thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers. Ephesians 1:16 (NIV)
- We always thank God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, when we pray for you. Colossians 1:3 (ESV)
Bible verses for new baby cards
- Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart. Jeremiah 1:5 (NIV)
- I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. Psalm 139:14 (NIV)
- Every good and perfect gift is from above. James 1:17 (NIV)
Bible verses for encouragement cards
- She is clothed with strength and dignity; she can laugh at the days to come. Proverbs 31:25 (NIV)
- For we live by faith, not by sight. 2 Corinthians 5:7 (NIV)
- And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him. Romans 8:28 (NIV)
- Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go. Joshua 1:9 (NIV)
Bible verses for sympathy cards
- The LORD is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit. Psalm 34:18 (NIV)
- He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart. Psalm 91:4 (NIV)
Bible verses for Wedding and Anniversary cards
- We love because he first loved us. 1 John 4:19 (NIV)
- My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you. John 15:12 (NIV)
If you’ve enjoyed this article, you may like to browse our range of beautiful hand lettered Bible verses cards HERE.
Do let me know in the comments any particular Bible verses you like to use in your cards!